It’s OK, it’s just a photo shoot!
From time to time I come across a person or a couple who just cannot relax in front of the camera. This is unusual by any means. In fact few people are 100% comfortable being the center of attention. Not all of us are an attention seeking Kardashian! OK with that said below are a few tips which might help you when you have to get your head shot, model beauty shot or engagement/bridal photo:
- Be yourself! Too many time people feel the need to “act” instead of simply being who they are
- Move! As in actually move. I do not mean sprint like you’re in a race, but simple move and sway
- Take a deep breath. I know this sounds so simple but it really does work. Heck, take 2 deep breaths, couldn’t hurt
- If you have the choice shoot in a location that’s familiar to you. Strangers and storage places add to you being uncomfortable
- Feel comfortable with the photographer. Rather a good photographer will go out of their way to make you feel comfortable and safe
As you can see, nothing on this list is terrible complicated. In fact it’s pretty darn basic. But of none of this works, there’s alway wine!
To book my service please visit www.instylephotogrpahy.net or simply send a message using the contact form listed below. Have a rest week form your jolly ole photographer Scott Evans with In Style Photography in Houston, TX